29 Jan 2017
The group is now officially open for member applications and will continue to be open indefinitely for now. Thank you for your interest!
Hi there! Welcome to PokePalace: Renaissance
- or Poke:Ren
for short! Poke:Ren is a laid-back, relaxed type of pokejinka roleplay group with a medieval fantasy setting loosely based on an older group called PokePalace
. Not a member of old PokePalace? That’s fine! Poke:Ren is happy to have new and old members alike (as long as you’re no troublemaker!)
If you have any questions, need help with/advice for your application, or just want to chat to others in the PokeRen community, feel free to join the PokeRen Discord
. We will likely be using this instead of dA's chat, so it's highly recommended!
is a vast land of many climates and cultures. Because this world is filled with Pokemon and powerful Pokemon fusions, travel is easy and there are many ways to visit the far reaches of the kingdom. Pokemon take the place of Earth animals, and as previously mentioned, Poke:Ren takes place in a medieval fantasy world based on European culture. As this is the case, gijinka in this world are instead usually referred to as fusions
. These fusions are made, not born. Fusions most often happen when a human and a Pokemon who share an intense bond go through a life threatening or extremely stressful event together (much like Pokemon evolution), however other reasons for fusion do exist.
“Legendary Pokemon once roamed the earth and chose human hosts to enact their will.
There were wars, both civil and global, and stories of how kingdoms rose and fell.
But the people, led by Ravenheart, found the Legendaries to be tyrannical or unnecessary,
And so those Legends left their hosts and fled this world.
Once they were gone, some believed that wishing them out of the world had been folly,
Because their existence was part of the balance of the world.
There were great storms, disasters, and the land itself changed.
But the people lived on and eventually prospered again.
What happened to the Legends and their hosts is unclear, and there are only myths now.”
PokeRen takes place in a parallel universe or AU to the original PokePalace, set a few hundred years after the equivalent timeline. Characters from old PP are welcome to be reused, however, in this version they exist hundreds of years later than they would have in PP, and PP’s major historical events were perpetuated by different people. Brand new characters are entirely encouraged!
Rather than the Kingdoms used in the original PP, this time around we have Settlements. There is one major difference: Settlements are player made, and there are no official moderators to tell you what to do! Anyone can create their own Settlement by reading up on it and following these simple guidelines here
. Each Settlement is in charge of its own development/worldbuilding.List of Settlements.
- No bullying. This includes harassment/stalking. You can report instances of bullying and problem members by taking a screenshot and sending the group a note. If the problem is serious enough and reported enough, the member accused of bullying may be temporarily or permanently banned.
- Consent is sexy. If someone tells you “no,” it means no.
- Due to dA rules, Poke:Ren is officially PG-13, so please limit the use of obscene language and other adult behavior in public chats on dA. A chat room for mature content will be provided, however by entering you consent to viewing potentially mature material.
- Don’t do anything illegal.
- No godmodding/force of hand (the act of forcibly taking control of another person’s character. Unless specifically told you can do so by that character’s owner/author, don’t do it!)
- For example: You are playing Mila, and your friend is playing Lana. You write that, “Lana felt uncomfortable in her seat when Mila gave her an intimidating smile.” Let your friend decide how their character reacts to any given situation.
- No Metagaming (This is any action taken by or knowledge given to a character beyond the rules or limits of the universe in which the roleplay is set.)
- For example: Your character knows the exact location of the glasses belonging to the person they just met who lost them, without any acceptable reason as to how they would know.
- Ask for and receive permission from all other players before joining a roleplay already in progress. Otherwise, you’ll probably make someone bitter or even angry.
- Details on how to apply to join the group can be found here.
- Do not claim art you did not create as your own. Please give credit where it is due and include links to references where possible to prevent misunderstandings. Anyone caught tracing or neglecting to site their references will be kicked, no exceptions. "I forgot to <blank>" does not work here. Be respectful, be responsible.
- Your application can have commissioned or gifted art on it, just be sure to give credit!
- Pokemon from the grey list can be used, but will be explained in-universe by having originated from a lost civilization (Lumeria).
- Megastones and z-crystals are purchased from the Script Shop when your Town of Residence meets the required level
- Each character can either have one megastone OR up to 4 z-crystals, not both
- Only characters using pokemon who have official mega evolutions can mega evolve
- Mega evolution and z-moves should be used once per RP maximum
“Can my character be royalty/nobility/a veteran soldier/etc?”
Absolutely!“Can my character be a shiny?”
Not at first, no, but we will have Shiny Tickets for sale in the Script Shop. Buy one of those with the scripts you get from submitting to the group and you can make your character a shiny Pokemon. Shiny Tickets may also appear as prizes for events, so keep an eye out!“Can my character be a Legendary Pokemon?”
Legendary Pokemon are not allowed to be used as main characters, whether fusion or pokemon. However, members running events can use Legendary Pokemon for GMing purposes (NPCs) with xKimikox
’s pre-approval. Additionally, Legendary Artifacts (items which temporarily bestow the power or appearance of a Legendary) are available for purchase in the Script Shop.“Can I use [x] Pokemon?”
You can use any officially existing pokemon except for Legendaries. PLEASE check the grey list
to see if your character’s background (or at least the pokemon’s part) must be explained by originating from Pokegea’s lost civilization."Can I have more than one character?"
You can have as many characters as you like, however each main character must have a completed application submitted to the appropriate Settlement App folder. Your first character's application is the only one that should have Scripts and Items Purchased listed, as this is where we will keep track of the amount of scripts you have earned as a member and what you have spent them on."What's the difference between a main character and an NPC?"
Main characters have apps and can be used as much as you like, while NPCs have no apps, and in public RPs are only written for when required to move the story along or provide ambiance. Feel free to submit reference sheets for NPCs, though!“Does my character have to be a gijinka?”
No, you may also apply with a human/pokemon pair who can fuse later if you desire. Since this is a gijinka focused group, please do not apply with just a pokemon. NPCS, however, do not need to conform to this standard.“Can gijinka unfuse in Poke:Ren (separate back into human and pokemon)?”
No, as far as is known within the world of Pokegea, fusion is a permanent change.“Can my character have the pokemon’s Hidden Ability?”
Yes!"Do characters have levels?"
No, characters and members do not earn XP or have levels. Instead, every deviation you submit has the opportunity to earn you Scripts
, Poke:Ren's in-group currency.“How do I choose my character’s moveset?”
Moves are not required, but if you choose to give them to your character, you can pick any 4 moves the pokemon is capable of learning and put them on your app. You can change your moveset at any time, but limiting yourself to 4 different moves maximum per RP is advised."How do I choose my character's class?"
Choosing a class is also not required, but if you'd like to pick a class and avail of the unlockable Class Perk available in the Script Store, you can pick one of the ones listed here
. Additionally, some Settlements have their own unique spin on Job Classes and may even have classes not on the general suggestion list! You can mix and match classes, but can only have one Perk (i.e., you can create a Druid Rogue but may only use Feral Form
, not both).“Can my character evolve?”
Yes! Updating your application with the new pokemon’s information and a new image of the evolved form will suffice.“Mega Pokemon/Z Crystals?”
Megastones and Z Crystals can be purchased in the Script Shop."Is there a dress code?"
For your character's application image, anything PG-13 appropriate and medieval fantasy themed goes, except for fighters, who should cover their most vulnerable parts (exposed arms/shoulders/legs are okay). For any submissions after your application, you're free to draw whatever you want as long as you use dA's mature filter for anything over PG-13."How do scripts work?"
Information on how to earn and spend scripts can be found in the Scripts, Script Shop, and Leveling Settlements
journal."What's the PokePalace Classic folder for?"
This folder in our gallery is for submissions related strictly to PP Classic. Posting in this folder comes with a few caveats: you may not post things in here that have already been posted to the old PokePalace group, and submissions to this folder are worth only 50% the regular amount of scripts. A good old dose of nostalgia is nice, but we'd like to encourage focus on the new group setting!